Mini Cookie Butter Pumpkin Pies
What are the best things about the autumnal season is baking… I love getting creative with the flavors of cinnamon and pumpkin and creating all sorts of things from cookies to cakes and of course PIE!
I’ve been making these mini pumpkin pie tarts for years now. Since going gluten-free and dairy- free about eight years ago, I’ve managed to create these healthy little pumpkin pie tarts that still work with my dietary needs. To mix it up and keep it fresh, I like adding another complimentary flavor profile to my mini pumpkin pies. I love using flavored coffee syrups for this purpose. For the particular batch, I used cookie butter flavored coffee syrup and upped the cinnamon so it literally tasted like a pumpkin snickerdoodle!
Recently, I moved house and magically lost one of my cupcake tins, which is what I used to create these little pumpkin pie tarts. I randomly found my super mini cupcake tin, so I got creative this tin to create super mini pumpkin pie tartlets. I absolutely love how they came out! These would be perfect for a holiday party, a baby shower or afternoon tea party.
Whether you choose to make the pumpkin pie tarts, or the super mini, pumpkin pie tartlets, both are incredibly great for those looking for portion control.
For the crust, I use gluten-free honey, graham crackers. I’ve always preferred a honey graham crest over traditional pie crust. These little crackers are dense enough to support the weight of the pumpkin pie mix.
Overall this recipe is incredibly easy to make which is why I keep coming back to this recipe. Even though these are gluten and dairy free, my husband absolutely loves them so they are an absolute staple dessert in my household!
Mini Pumpkin Pies
- 15 oz canned pumpkin
- 2 tbsp vegan butter (softened)
- 1/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 egg
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tbsp cinnamon (use less if you’re not a cinnamon lover like I am!)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 3-4 tbsp of flavored syrup of your choice–I used Cookie Butter
- 1 tsp vanilla powder (you can use 1 tsp vanilla extract instead)
- 1 box of gluten free honey graham crackers
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake tin with paper cupcake cups. I spray them down with a little low fat cooking spray.
- Break the honey graham crackers into smaller pieces so that they fill the bottom of the cupcake cup.
- Combine pumpkin and butter and mix well.
- Using an electric mixer, add milk, eggs, egg whites, syrup, brown sugar, spices, and mix until smooth to the pumpkin mixture. Beat on medium until smooth.
- Pour an even amount of the mixture into each cupcake cup. I like using a mini ladle for this step.
- Bake pumpkin pie cups for 22-25 mins for the standard size cupcake tins and for the mini cupcake tin–bake for 12-14 mins.
- Once they are done, remove them from the oven and let cool.
- Place in refrigerator for about one hour and ENJOY!